Eligibility for admission to the course B.Ed.
A candidate shall be eligible for admission to the programme leading to the Degree of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) provided:
- The candidate who had undergone 10+2+3 (15) or 11+1+3 (15) pattern of study and passed the X and XII examinations conducted by the respective State Board or CBSE or any other recognized Board of Education / Examination and UG Degree examination of the UGC approved Universities in any one of the school subjects offered by the Directorate of School Education at the Secondary / Higher Secondary Education level or its equivalent as it is decided by the Equivalence Committee appointed by Government of Tamilnadu from time to time.
- The candidates who have passes the UG or PG degree in Open University System without qualifying in 11 years SSLC examination and I year of Pre-University Course (PUC) examination or 10+2 pattern of school education examination shall not be considered for admission.
- However, the candidates not qualified in XII examination or PUC but possessing two years Bachelor Preparatory Programme Certificate / Two Years Foundation Course Certificate / Two Years Diploma Course conducted by State Government / recognized Universities and qualified with three years UG Degree course are also considered to be eligible for admission.
- The candidates who have studied more than one main subject in Part III (Under Double/Triple Major System) of UG Degree course should have to choose only one of the main subjects and should have applied for that Optional only. In such cases, marks obtained by the candidates in Two/Three major subjects shall be taken into account to arrive percentage of marks stipulated in item
- The candidates who have passed under Double Degree / Additional Degree Programme with less than three years of duration are not eligible for admission.
- The candidates who have qualified in PG degree (5 year integrated course) under 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern of study shall be considered for admission. In such cases, the marks obtained by the candidate in the first three years of the course alone shall be taken into account for admission.
- The candidate with the following marks in the Bachelor’s Degree are eligible for admission to the course other than subjects like Economics, Commerce, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy,Logic and Indian Culture for whilch PG qualification is mandatory.
Community / Category
MBC / DNC
SC / SA/ST
- Marks obtained by the candidate in UG degree course Part III Major and Allied including Practicals alone shall be taken into account to arrive at the percentage of marks mentioned above.
- Marks obtained by the candidates in PG degree shall not be considered for admission.
- Rounding off of marks to the next higher integer will not be permitted.
- Candidates who have passed PG degree in Economics, Commerce, Home Science, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Logic and Indian Culture without undergoing 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern of education shall not be considered for admission.
- In the case of Physically or Visually Challenged candidates, a minimum pass in the degree is enough.
- Post graduate candidates in Economics, Commerce, Home Science, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Logic and Indian Culture with 50% of marks in PG Degree or in the interdisciplinary subjects which are being declared equivalent by the respective University/Equivalent committee can apply.However, the basis of selection shall be in accordance with the Regulations of the University / Government of Tamilnadu Guidelines for admission to B.Ed. Course in force from time to time.
A candidate shall be eligible for admission to the course leading to the Degree of Master of Education provided he/she has passed a Bachelors Degree Examination in Education of this University or some other University recognized by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto, with a minimum of 50% marks in theory and practical separately for all community/category.
The basis of selection of candidate for admission shall be based on the existing regulations of the University / Government of Tamilnadu.
Reservation of seats and other concessions for the SC., ST., MBC/DNC., BC., and other special categories of candidates notified by the Government of Tamilnadu shall be provided in accordance with the statutory provisions of the Government of Tamilnadu in force from time to time.
No candidates shall be eligible for the Degree of M.Ed. unless he/she has completed the prescribed course of study and has passed the qualifying examination and has satisfied the Examiners in a dissertation,